Saturday, January 24, 2009

My 75 year plan

So, I am wondering what my "legacy" will be. What I will be remembered for. You know what I mean, like in 15 to 20 years when I pop up in peoples mind what the first memory of me is. I bet that they will be like "oh he was really funny" or "man was he handsome" or "gosh darn he was nice" sure, sure these things are nice and all but I want something that really stands out. Something no one will forget. So here are a few scenarios that I would like to see play out:


1. I would like to experience a life altering event that causes me to withdraw from society and build a masterpiece. Like some sort of structure that is really tall and leans to one side but doesn't fall down(no relation to the leaning tower of Pisa, cause that tower sucks). Or a labyrinth that never ends. But then it does end, and at the end is not David Bowie, but a sign that says exit.


2.Develop a cure for quicksand.



3. Be involved in a police chase. You know one along the lines of the one in Blues Brothers or Raising Arizona. There are three main parts that this chase must include. First, the beginning, duh. But I would prefer that is starts when I run from a building just as the cops show up. Prompting me to state the obvious and yell "COPS!" Second, the actual chase. This part has to include a lot of running and knocking over stuff. Also a very key part in this section that I think a lot of people overlook is the chance for humor to be injected into the situation. For example, as you are running you might run by a mirror and stop to make sure you still look sharp. You and a buddy may be escaping together and you stop to talk to an attractive lady and he comes back and yanks you away. Or my personal favorite would be you are running as fast as you can and you take an elevator, or an escalator and there is the awkward couple of seconds where you just stand there, you just stand there. Third, the part where it appears that you are cornered. This usually results in one of two things. A, you are cornered. B, you escape by some sort of miracle and or ineptness of the police.



4. I could put win the lottery here but c'mon, lets be serious, that wouldn't make me stand out. 20 years from now someone would be "oh hey, I had a friend who won the lottery once, what was his name, it sounded kinda like marbles the frown or something like that, I don't know" Ya, not what I am going for. Instead I could become someone that could always pick the right numbers. People could hire me and I would whisper the numbers in their ear. I would be known as the Lottery Whisperer. Ya, that sounds good.

5. Be the first man to walk on the moon, right Zach? Eh? Eh? Eh! You know what I'm talking about.

Well, that's just a couple things that came to mind to help people always remember me. But hey, that's what living this life in the day of Thome is all about, that and picking up chicks. HONK HONK. jk, but seriously.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

i will always remember you as my friend who bought me expensive gifts because he was hot single and loaded!
but ask me if i'll remember your name....

Myke said...

The Lottery Whisperer, I love it.

Unknown said...

Your 75 year plan doesn't seem to be working. The only thing I've learned so far is that crime does not pay.

Quinn the Eskimo said...

I think you could combine all these in one epic movie. The cops are chasing you through a labryinth on the moon because winning the lottery too many times is just shady business. In the end you escape because the cops drown in quicksand.
Wayne Bass has a video camera, and I have acting skills, let's make it happen.

Noemi said...

i love how your mind work!