Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What I learned this election season......

So after months and months of hearing about votes and propositions and all the ins, outs and what have yous I think I finally can say that I have found some peace with the BSC. Pete Carroll said it best while wearing a hoodie and riding a surfboard this morning in his news conference "Hey man, every game is a playoff"
That has been in my head all day long and realized that he is right. Sure we would all like to see a playoff system in college football that we could market like march madness(tm) but really its not feasible. Sure Watching Ohio St. get utterly destroyed the last two years in the championship game as made me wish I had a "real life" and hadn't shunned all those female advances during the season but would it have made a difference if we had a playoff system? Yes, but that's beside the point. Even in leagues that have playoff systems the championship game is lopsided quite often.
So if you look at every game as a playoff it means so much more than just a game. It gets your players to play hard every game. They learn to focus and never let up or else they very well could be out of the "playoffs". These student athletes learn so much from this stressful atmosphere that they can take with them for the rest of their lives. And isn't that what college football is all about? Teaching these "kids" life lessons. Yes, Yes it is. So thank you BCS for helping make our countries future better and brighter. My hats off to you good sir.

No comments: